Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Road to 12/12/12

Sports Talk Radio




We're following Angelus as he walks down the hallway to the Sportstalk 790 studio. The Big Show with Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler is well into its second hour. He stands off to the side and waits for Matt to wave him in and he takes a seat in the spot usually reserved for the guest of the hour.

The show returns from a commercial break.



Matt Jackson
Alright, we're back here on The Big Show. So, I've been watching our Twitter feed blowing up all morning for the guest we have in studio today. 

Adam Wexler
It's crazy. People are tweeting in or texting in questions and we got a Monday night football game going on tonight against two of the NFL's best.

Matt Jackson
Hey, people in Houston love their wrasslin'. So, without further delay, The Big Show would like to welcome XWF superstar Angelus to the show.

We hear the opening drums to Metalingus by Alter Bridge start up in the background and after a moment the music cuts out.

Matt Jackson
Welcome to the show, Angelus. How are you?

Angelus
I'm good, man. How are you?

Matt Jackson
I'm fantastic. How you feeling?

Angelus
(small laugh)
Sore. Very, very sore.

Adam Wexler
Matt was stressing all morning about whether or not to call you Anj. I think he was afraid you'd dropkick him through a window or something.

Matt Jackson
(to Adam)
Wouldn't you? The man is in great shape. 
(Back to Angelus)
Before we begin though I want to give you a congratulations for your win on Saturday and from what I understand one of the highest rated episodes of Impact this year.

Angelus
Thanks. It was a hell of a show. Place was sold out which is what you always want to see and yeah, when I saw the numbers I was shocked like anybody else.

Matt Jackson
Now XWF as a whole has been doing very well, but from what a couple people, namely my son who is a big fan of the XWF, have told me is that Warfare has kinda been the hot commodity. 

Angelus
That's my understanding. Y'know I'm still a relative new guy. But Impact has struggled to get viewership. I don't think anyone has been shy about that.

Adam Wexler
Why do you think that is?

Angelus
Hard to say. The roster is lean. You got maybe two or three top guys who can really draw. The content just hasn't been there. I know there were a lot of guys like The Nuke and Primetime Drew Potter they were trying to give the ball to and it didn't work out.

Matt Jackson
That being said, do you consider yourself now one of these guys who is able to take the ball?

Angelus
Maybe?
(Laughs)
I'd like to think so. I like to think me and guys like Sid Feder can get people watching the show again.

Adam Wexler
Speaking of people watching the show. This last show in North Carolina kind of changed things for you, didn't it? I'm looking at a clip online of you super-kicking Shane Carver, owner of XWF, right in the face.

Angelus
(Laughs)
Yeah, I think I got more calls to my phone over that than I have in the last two years.

Matt Jackson
Well, who doesn't or who hasn't wanted to kick their boss in the face at one time or another?

Adam Wexler
I haven't.

Matt Jackson
Keep brown nosing, Adam. You might get a Christmas bonus yet. We're going to take a quick commercial break and then we're going to be right back here with Angelus in the studio and we'll talk a bit about the upcoming XWF pay-per-view.









Matt Jackson
Welcome back to The Big Show with Matt and Adam on Sportstalk 790. In the studio today we're joined by XWF superstar Angelus who has been making waves of late after the events of Saturday Night Impact this past weekend. But there is no rest for the weary, as in just a few days the XWF kicks off one of their biggest pay-per-views of the year, conveniently labeled "12/12/12" and it is live this Wednesday over in the Astrodome. Tickets are sold out, but of course I know a few of you will find a way to scalp tickets and pirate the show.

Adam Wexler
When was the last time an event was held there?

Matt Jackson
I think the Stones had a concert there a few summer's ago.

Adam Wexler
Appropriate, two long forgotten relics. They should blow that place up.

Matt Jackson
Moving on. Angelus, why don't you tell us a little bit about the pay-per-view and where you fit in?

Angelus
Well, the name says it all. I'm going up against XWF newcomer Ursula and Yan Yungsung for a shot at the European championship.

Adam Wexler
Ursula sounds like she should be a five hundred pound chick wrestling in granny panties with like a food stain down her shit, but looking at her pics she's a babe. You ever worry about getting in the ring and losing to a chick?

Angelus
Not at all. Didn't bother me on Saturday and it won't bother me on the pay-per-view. I'll tell you one thing though, Sarah Saint James is a competitor and I think we stole the show last Impact. Ursula, for lack of a better term, is a complete idiot.

Matt Jackson
(laughing)
How so?

Angelus
She's a typical rookie trying to get a lot of heat on herself by running her mouth. If I had any advice for her it'd be to keep her trap shut. She's apparently very disillusioned to the point where she's calling me and Yan the bottom of the barrel. I don't care if Yan is a poor man's Liu Kang. I have a hell of a lot more respect for him than I do this ditz. She's not tough. She's not a badass. She's a nobody and I hope after this is over she can return to whatever trailer park she crawled out of.

Adam Wexler
And the trash talk is flying! I love it.

Matt Jackson
Looking at the card on the XWF website I see there's a second triple threat match for a European title shot? Is that right?

Angelus
That's right. Never a dull moment.

Matt Jackson
Now we'd be remiss not to talk about the Lethal Lottery tournament which is kinda the big draw of this event. You were in it for a hot minute it seemed like. Any regrets on how that shook out for you?

Angelus
Sure. But there's not a lot you can do. I think I got to exorcise that demon when I leveled Carver on live TV. Any vendetta I have is with John Christ and his ability to absolutely suck whenever they put this kid out there. So if he walks away victorious in his triple match maybe we'll see what happens then.

Matt Jackson
This is great stuff. We're going to take another quick break and then we're going to do some rapid fire questions from twitter before we let you get out of here. Be right back.








Adam Wexler
We're back on The Big Show. Angelus is our guest in studio this morning. Our last segment before we let him get out of here is we hit him with our top five favorite questions from twitter. Angelus you ready?

Angelus
Let's do it.

Adam Wexler
Awesome, first question comes from at Texans Girl and she asks who is your favorite wrestler if you can't pick yourself.

Angelus
Hmm. I'm going to say Mark Flynn. He always looks pissed off, fans love to boo him, but he's a great worker and I look forward to taking that European title off him.

Adam Wexler
Very nice. Next question, from at The Real Steve Harris, he asks, what is Shane Carver's obsession with potatoes?

Angelus
(laughs)
No idea. Though I hope after Saturday he's drinking potatoes through a straw.

Adam Wexler
That was quite the shot to the face. Next question, from at Hit Girl 911, she asks, least favorite venue you've been at so far?

Angelus
That's easy. The show we just had in New Orleans. I made the mistake of eating some bad gumbo and I was best friends with the hotel bathroom for the rest of the night.

Adam Wexler
Sounds like a typical Friday night for Jackson. Second to last question from at Yan Yungsung fan, he wants to know what you're gonna do when Yungsungmania runs wild over you on Wednesday?

Angelus
(pauses; shakes head)
Next question.

Adam Wexler
Last question. From at Boss Hog, he asks, how epic is Hank Lane's mustache?

Angelus
Epic. Though I still believe him and Steve Sayors were getting it on in that hotel room. Alright, boys we done?

Adam Wexler
Thanks for stopping by, Angelus.

Matt Jackson
Yes, stop through anytime and good luck on Wednesday.

Angelus
Thanks guys. Later!












No comments:

Post a Comment